cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Searching for GPS Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G

I spoke too soon.... Started having issues this morning both on phone and Android auto with 5g off. It was just a fluke last night.

Highlighted
Constellation

Just wanted to add my name to the list... G20 Ultra 5G T-Mobile

Highlighted
Asteroid

I went ahead and called samsung so they have a record of the issue.  Nice customer service rep.  We went thru all the troubleshooting listed here with no success.  She did have me clear the partition cache, but I am at work so no real way to test it until I drive home today.  Not holding my breath that it will work.  Regardless, everyone with this issue should give them a call so they can see how much of an issue this is.  Hopefully that will get us an update soon.

For anyone wanting to clear the partition cache:  power off the phone.  Once off, hold the volume up and power button until it gets into the special menu.  Use the volume down key to scroll to clear partition cache then press the power button to select.  Volume down to highlight "yes" then power button to select.  Then power button to reboot phone.

Highlighted
Constellation

It's been 8 days since I had verizon swap out my SIM card. The GPS is defintely locking in quicker, usually within a couple seconds. My S9+ was instant. It would be nice if Samsung chimed in on this as it seems more and more people are having issues.

My phone is S20+ on Verizon

Highlighted
Asteroid

I am unsure if a new sim card will help with mine.  I had a brand new card installed when I picked up my s20+ at launch.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have S20 Plus 5G T-Mobile and I have the same issue with GPS not locking and saying its unavailable. Sometimes it locks in about a minute (already much longer than my S9+) and sometimes upto 10 minutes.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Having this issue (mostly with Waze) on both an S20 and an S20+. They are unlocked Snapdragon variants. Google maps seems to be more reliable, Waze takes forever or doesn't lock on at all to GPS. Occasionally of it does lock on it will drop out. Highly doubt this is a hardware issue as so many devices are suffering from this problem. Its either a issue with Samsung's firmware, Android Auto, or Waze / Google maps. When checking the quality and quantity of satellites connected to my phone's GPS it shows multiple satellites with excellent connection. 

SIM card shouldn't make a difference with this issue, but fwiw both of our S20s have new Verizon SIMs. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I just got off with Samsung support and they told me that they are aware of the issue and "should" be fixed at the next software update. The rep said they could not provide an exact date. I asked if Samsung would extend the return policy since she said it "should" fix the issue. Since it is not a guaranteed fix, Samsung should extend the return window in case it is a hardware related. Ugh!

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm having the same issue. S20+. 10 minutes or so to lock on. Waze or Maybe, doesn't matter. Stays unstable.

Highlighted
Constellation

same here tmobile s20 ultra