cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Security lock useless

I have my phone secured with pin, fingerprints and face recognition options for security yet anyone is able to access by just swiping up. I tested with friends. 
Secured screen not secured. 
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Security lock useless

How are you testing this?

If you are clicking the side button to turn off the screen AND Smart Lock is in effect, be aware that the phone stays unlocked. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

I left it untouched several times until screen went off. asked my friend to try to access it . she just swipped up and all in.
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

What do you have "Lock automatically" set to?

Do you Smart Lock enabled at all? 

Highlighted
Astronaut

not smart lock enabled. set to immediately lock once when screen goes off. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Does it do the same while booted in safe mode?

Highlighted
Astronaut

i have restarted it.if that's what you mean
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

To boot in safe mode:

1. Powered down the phone.
  2. Press and hold the power button. The phone should vibrate and you should see the “Samsung Galaxy S20” logo screen.
  3. Release the power button and then, while the “Samsung Galaxy S20” logo screen is still visible, press and hold on the volume down button.
  4. Keep holding onto the volume down button until you see the home screen with the Safe Mode indicator at the bottom left side of the screen.

After you do your testing in safe mode, you can exit safe mode by simply restart your phone. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Yeah is pointless to do that. it should just be safe and locked. I might just retirn this phone. This is a serious issue.
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@userVRZbCjfmp1 wrote:
Yeah is pointless to do that. it should just be safe and locked. I might just retirn this phone. This is a serious issue.

This is a troubleshooting technique. If it works properly while booted in safe mode, a 3rd party app that you have installed is causing this issue.