Original topic:

Security updates

(Topic created: 11-10-2021 12:56 PM)
Wig7997
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
my S20 plus hasn't gotten a security update since July. Can anyone help me figure out what's going on?? 
0 Likes
7 Replies
Justice4Sure
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
In setting up my Galaxy Tab S7+ ... I turned it off, but the Fingerprint did not work. Tried it three times.
0 Likes
IGS
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Here is something I found in another forum post. Hope this helpsScreenshot_20211110-143718_Edge.jpg
0 Likes
Wig7997
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Thanks for the reply. The phone was a Verizon phone but it's unlocked now and I'm using Mint(T-Mobile). The Verizon bloatware is on the phone still. I'm really unsure who the update would come from.
0 Likes
IGS
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Whatever carrier it's connected to. So in your case, Mint. I also found a way to remove carrier bloatware. If you know how to use Powershell (Windows) or Terminal (OSX and Linux) then here is a link on how to do so. Other than that, I would contact Mint about your updates. If they can't help, Samsung has live chat agents on their website. That's a lot faster. Here's the link for bloatware removal: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wired.com/story/remove-bloatware-phone/amp
0 Likes
Wig7997
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Thank you , I really appreciate the help
0 Likes
ChazzP12
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20
I got the latest security update this morning...
0 Likes
DENVERSKIER
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
I have S20+ in US T Mobile and never got July updates but all others up to oct!!! Sometimes other carriers a little faster but otherwise I'm happy
0 Likes