cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Selfie camera makes faces matte with no highlighting!

I know this won't be super important to the guys but firstly.. My screen STILL has an awful green tint. AND. The selfie camera toned down highlights waaaay too low (I'm also a photographer so I know what I'm talking about). Basically it makes your face matte and makes your features have no depth. I've included an example from my s9 and my s20. I think it's mostly makeup people that will really notice and be upset by the mattifying because we use highlighter and glimmery eyeshadows etc, which no longer shown up. I may have to sell it and get some other phone.. Super bummed about it Smiley Sad also, the skin smoother on the s9 still let's highlights through whereas the s20's skin smoother makes the matteness even worse. I def wouldn't recommend this camera to a lot of women. 

Edit: it also makes my red hair brown 

20-09-16-02-22-29-328_deco.jpg

Properly highlighted like a normal face, vs matte. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Selfie camera makes faces matte with no highlighting!

Redhead guy here...lol. Looks to me the lighting software is overusing it's light entering the aperture offsetting the balance, softening all hardlined edging. It does strip the make-up out and poof...all that hard work on the pallette is lost. Boo. And being a Ginger myself...how dare they ruin a gorgeous redhead's hair?!(lucky husband/bf)

Bacon Camera, ever try it? If not, give it a whirl, one of the best manual modes i’ve seen (I'm a graphic designer/Illustrator). It includes manual focus, white balance, exposure comp, ISO (semi-manual), and supports RAW and DNG export.

You've probably tried a few out there, but just my 2¢. And just for the record here... Redheads do it best...proof is in your pictures.
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Selfie camera makes faces matte with no highlighting!

@userqAym8KIjyP Try to reduce beauty mode to level 1-2 or turn it off completely to get the desired result.