Original topic:

Sent Phone in For Repair, No Status Updates for Days.

(Topic created on: 2/16/21 9:57 AM)
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello, I sent my phone in for repair. It was received by Samsung on Feb. 10. I kept looking at the status update but it is still blank, even 6 days later. Not updates or emails. Also, my phone has manufacture's warranty, but Samsung sent me an email saying that it was "Out of Warranty" and is charging me for the repair.

6 Replies
Patriot1776JG
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20
Wow, Samsung usually informs you that they received your phone, and when I sent mine in for repair, Samsung also gave me a text that I could use to check the status on. But you need to stick to your guns about the warranty
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20

I was informed when it was received. However, I got no further status updates after that. No emails, texts, or even on their tracking/status page with my ticket number.

0 Likes
GZ2fold
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
When did you buy this phone and what does the warranty states, as in what is the expiration date?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20

I purchased it on Oct. 31. The manufacturer warranty stated that it was active until December 2021. However, I received an email that Samsung was going to charge me and that my phone was "out of warranty."

0 Likes
GZ2fold
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
I am not sure if you are communicating with Samsung by email clearly. Could you state, by email to Samsung, exactly what you just said as a reply to what they last said, and please include a copy of the warranty, the sales receipt and request an explanation of what is meant by " Out of Warranty " and when this status occurred.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20

I will email Samsung. Thank you for your help.

0 Likes