Original topic:

Serious Issue: Hide Camera Cutout Setting Missing

(Topic created on: 12/16/20 7:05 AM)
sonic65101
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
After the update to Android 11, the Hide Camera Cutout option under Display/Fullscreen Apps/Advanced has gone missing, and the setting itself isn't working either. This is a serious issue as the camera cutout gets in the way of many apps, especially games. Does anyone know a workaround for this issue?
14 Replies
Options
Galaxy S20
According to a Samsung CSR, the beta version showed the vast majority not use the feature.
0 Likes
sonic65101
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
I don't see why that should be an excuse to create a detrimental experience for their users. I'm already warning my friends not to upgrade to Android 11 until the issue is fixed.
userychiRc2E7B
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Question is: Who the heck is using the beta version: The consumers that make up the majority of the users or the QA team that is more interested in ensuring the phone didn't crash and doesn't care about the fancy features?

0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
wow
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
They may release a patch to fix it at a later date or you may be able to find an app to do the same thing.
sonic65101
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
I hope so. This is a severe issue that impacts the usability of the phone, and there's no guarantee that the individual app developers are going to (or even can) release patches to fix an issue caused by Samsung's mistake.
0 Likes
userKODklVBAYo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I really don't think it's severe, annoying yes, but it's not in the way of anything 

0 Likes
sonic65101
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
It gets in the way of apps that only support landscape mode, as well as fullscreen videos. It's not guaranteed that app developers will or even can release a patch to address this issue.
0 Likes
userIG1vkoEbpJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
agreed. I have to watch a movie with a giant black :black_circle: on my screen. for as much as we pay for these phones one would think of this