cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Set ringtone, notifications and system to only play through phone

Is there  a way to set the ringtone, notificaitons and system sounds to only play through the phone while letting all music/media apps play through Bluetooth when connected?  I've tried the "seperate app sound" but I can only select one app to play through a dedicated source.  I usually listen to my music on a bluetooth speaker in my house, office or car.  But, I hate being intererupted everytime a notification comes through.  I know I can change the ringer to vibrate to avoid this, but I still want to hear the notifications through the phone and just not pause the music. With a $1000 phone, I would think there's a setting I'm missing that would do this.  Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Set ringtone, notifications and system to only play through phone

Hello @SCTiger 

If you go into settings->bluetooth->advanced (top right corner) and there's the option for ringtone sync. If you toggle that off, then you shouldn't get the ringtone sound through your bluetooth connected device. Hope this helps.

*if I have helped you, please like this post ❤️ If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a solution ✅ Hope you have a great day!
Highlighted
Asteroid

That kept the ringtone from playing through the bluetooth speaker, but it still paused my music.  I'm looking for something that only plays the ringtone, notification and systems through the phone's speakers while connected to bluetooth, but doesn't pause or interupt playback on the bluetooth speaker.  

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@SCTiger 

man, I really don't understand why your music is pausing. I play music from my phone to my echo and it never stops playback when I get a notification, it will play the notification over the speaker and lower the volume of the music while the notification sound plays, but the music just continues after the notification sounds...I use spotify...what music service do you use? maybe it's something in the music app settings that can be changed?

*if I have helped you, please like this post ❤️ If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a solution ✅ Hope you have a great day!