Original topic:

Settings are changing by themselves!

(Topic created: 02-29-2024 08:59 AM)
Samsung_DummFBI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Ever since my update a week ago, my dark mood changes on its own and my Screensaver and my wall paper! It does this throughout the day and when I fix it, an hour later its all changed again! How can I get my settings to stay. I not new at this and have had my phone for almost 4 years. It's in excellent shape as I take good care of it and don't download any unnecessary apps.

HELP!

3 Replies
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20
You might want to get serious security going on. That should not be happening. Start by deep sleeping some of your apps. Turn off automatic wifi or connectivity. Turn on datasaver. Deep dive in that menu. Turn everything you don't use daily to connect to wifi only. After you put it on lock. Go into the permissions menu see what has admin or user access.
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20
Do you have any modes or triggers set in Modes & Routines? Try turning them off.
Options
Galaxy S20
I agree with KiwiBird97. It sounds like you have at least one Mode or Routine enabled. Some of the default ones change wallpaper for the home screen and/or lock screen.

If Dark Mode is turning on and off by itself, the scheduling may have been turned on.

Go to Settings > Display > Dark Mode Settings and toggle off "Turn on as scheduled".
0 Likes