Constellation

Re: Shaking

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have it

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Everyone with the Ultra has it. It's just the camera tech inside. 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ive shook it with the camera app open and didn't get a sound , with the app closed i hear it

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exactly as described above. It is normal, and I assume most people will not even notice it.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is it not the sensor for counting steps or such? I have an S9+ and hear a little when shaking it

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine too , sound like very cheap ... Have any solution to fix it ? 

Highlighted
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I didn't even notice it until I read this read, then found out mine has it too and it's completely normal.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I should have read this post first before calling Samsung Support.  I called them and they told me it is not normal that I should go ahead and return the phone since I am still within the 15 day period.  But the reality is that any thing that shakes or clicks like this will cause premature wear and IMO with something as sensitive as the camera is, at some point it will degrade the performance.

Had I read these post then I might not have returned the phone.  But it really shouldn't rattle when the camera is not selected.  But open the camera and the rattle definately goes away.  Maybe the solution is to keep the camera app running in the background.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I KNOW WHY, The 10x zoom feature uses a mechanical slider to operate. When the camera is not engaged, you will be able to hear this, If you are on the camera app, zoom in, and you will not be able to hear this, if you can still hear it after zooming in and shaking, you will probably notice that your zoom is having a spazam.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

And I think you're right. It was already explained earlier in this thread tooSmiley Happy