Original topic:

Should I get the S20 or S20+

(Topic created on: 6/13/20 11:20 PM)
userGRCqSdz6pq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hey Everyone,

I'm on team galaxy, my first smartphone was the S4 and I had the S7 until I did the lastest update which crashed my phone ( Has anyone else had this problem?).  I switched back to my old S5 and it stinks. I've waited with anticipation for the S20's to launch and now they are here. My favorite color is Pink and I originally planned to get the S20 in the Cloud Pink but Verizon doesn't have this phone for sell right now. They all say, I have to wait til Q2 (April - June) for the phone to launch because they have to make a 5G compatible version of this phone. I went to Best Buy to look at the phones hands on and I really liked how the S20 looks and it felt comfortable in hand, but to my suprise the S20+ felt really nice and premium in hand. I really like big phones and I liked the size of the S20+. The S20+ is available now but I won't purchase a phone until the end of April beginning of May. What do you guys suggest I get, I really want the Cloud Pink S20 but I like the size of the S20 +. (I wish they would have just made an S20+ in Cloud Pink, smh) I feel like the S20 is just as nice but the size on the S20+ is super nice but I will look at them again before I purchase. My options for now are to either buy the S20 in Pink at Best Buy or Samsung as an unlocked phone and put Verizon service on it (I have never bought an unlocked phone, so I'm not sure how this works) or buy the S20+ in Cloud Blue through verizon. (I'm not a huge blue fan but I don't want the gray or black). Hopefully the S20 will be available by the time, I'm ready to buy. Any advice?

5 Replies
Solution
MarvinG84
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20

The problem is, the S20 does not support 5G mmWave (the crazy fast connection) and most likely won't get it, because the chip won't fit in the phone. If you're planning on keeping the phone for couple of years, I'd get the S20+ (supports 5G mmWave and su6), slap a pink case or skin (dbrand.com) on it and call it a day.

View solution in context

Bloodknight
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

My advice... Buy the S20+ and buy a pink cover. There are several out there. You will get the 5G benefits on Verizon by going this route as opposed to buying the S20. If you do trade your phones every year and hate cases, then buy the S20 and forget about 5G for the time being since availability is limited except in certain cities.

Alliecat1876
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Do buy any! Samsung is playing a game. I got the S20 Ultra and it has to be charged once a day. Now for some people thats fine but for me who has trade in my S8+ of 3 years shouldn't be having battery problems with a 3 days old phone. Samsung solution is for me to borrow a phone from someone or my carrier then send it their phone and buy another one :expressionless_face:. Highly disappointed. Was expecting way better. Save your money or get an Apple phone, even Google phone at this point

0 Likes
usereU58ai7iCF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm with you.  I wanted the cloud pink.  I have the violet s9+ and love the color and buy cases that show it off.    I dont want some bland case.  Beautiful phones shouldnt be hidden.   I decided to just fix my s9+ screen and call it a day.  At least I know it works great and is beautiful

0 Likes
FBOL
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20
S20+
0 Likes