Original topic:

Since android 11, UI 3.0 "can't take screenshot due to security policy" problem

(Topic created on: 1/16/21 7:45 PM)
useruQETR3L4Qf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Ever since switching to Android 11, UI 3.0, whenever I take screenshots consecutively, I get the error message - can't take screenshot due to security policy. This is on my s20 ultra unlocked. This has nothing to do with chrome, incognito mode, or anything other than the update. It happens on any screen, from any app to any internet browser to the home screen, everywhere. I tried toggling the tick box to update security policies, that does nothing.

Anyone else get that error when trying to take screenshots in a quick manner? There has to be a fix from Samsung on this. To limit the ability to take screenshots is something silly. Also here is the photo of the error.Screenshot_20210116-223858_Lawnchair(1)_1.png

0 Likes
6 Replies
St3v3C
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
first, make sure that chrome or Facebook are NOT currently open and running. if it still doesn't work, try some of these steps
0 Likes
useruQETR3L4Qf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

@St3v3C wrote:
first, make sure that chrome or Facebook are NOT currently open and running. if it still doesn't work, try some of these steps

Chrome and Facebook 100% not open. I don't even use them ever. Started happening only when I updated ui 3.0

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
File an error report and let them know.
0 Likes
useruQETR3L4Qf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

@Diaboyos wrote:
File an error report and let them know.

Hmm I'll try. IDK how to file one off hand though. Best way to go about it? @Diaboyos  thx too!

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
On the app there's a + button on the bottom right of the homepage. Click it then choose Error Report.
0 Likes
userTWoxSvo6du
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Same error on S10e with OneUI 3.0. I am trying to report to Samsung but the web form does not accept my model number. Could you please report to Samsung so they know this?

0 Likes