Original topic:

Since the Android 11 update I haven't been able to use my alarm if DND is enabled?

(Topic created on: 2/17/21 7:30 AM)
Jamjampoo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Ok so ever since the Android 11/One UI 3 update I haven't been able to use my alarm if I have Do Not Disturb on. Before it was no problem as I've always had it set to where alarms are an exception. I still have it set the same way. But now if I have DND on my alarm will not make noise at all! It's really frustrating. Anyone else have this or possibly know a fix?

13 Replies
St3v3C
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20
delete the previously set alarm, and recreate. in the dnd settings, make sure you allow alarms, media sounds, and calendar events.
0 Likes
Jamjampoo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
I've already done all of that and it makes no difference
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

check dnd exceptions, alarm volume and alarm sound

0 Likes
Jamjampoo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
already done! hasn't changed
usergw2Hy7Nwic
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I like to set a note alarm :alarm_clock:
0 Likes
Jamjampoo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
good for you?
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

If your phone was to be placed in safe mode does this feature become usable again?

0 Likes
Jamjampoo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
I have no idea. I've never put my phone in safe mode
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identity and remove the app that may be causing the problem. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes