THIS IS HOW YOU FIX IT.
- GO TO YOUR PHONE SETTINGS
- SEARCH TRUST AGENTS
- TURN ON GOOGLE SMART LOCK.
If those steps do not work, try: Settings > Apps > Google Play Services > Storage > Manage storage > Clear all data > Reboot.
You can also submit an error report through the Members app.
@JWAGNER95 Do you have the latest OS installed?
This was an issue for some in the beta SW, see https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Discussions/Trusted-Places-missing-in-Smart-Lock/td-p/2391077/pa...
Have you tried deleting the device cache partition?
@JWAGNER95 To wipe the device cache partition:
- With the device off, press and hold the Volume Up key first, then the Side key. Continue holding while the device powers on.
- When the Android logo displays, release all keys and wait until you see the Android system recovery menu options.
- Press Volume down to highlight Wipe cache partition, then press Side key to select it.
- Continue using the Volume down and Side keys to confirm your choice if prompted.
- When complete, highlight Reboot system now with the Volume down key and select it with the Side key.
NOTE: This will not erase any user settings nor delete any apps.
@JWAGNER95 The link I posted still works for me.
Do you by any chance have a work account stored on your phone? I'm wondering if device admin apps have the ability to disable smart lock.
Look in phone settings -> Security and privacy -> Other security settings -> Device admin apps and see if any app is enabled. If so, you could try disabling any app here to see if it brings back Smart lock.