cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Smart Lock not recognizing trusted devices, on person detection, OR location!

I have read a TON of forums complaining about the smartlock feature not being accurate for trusted location, but... has anyone had issues with trusted devices AND on person detection not unlocking the phone with smart lock as well? I am home all the time, and my GPS location settings are to dang near MMs from right, AND I've even added my WHOLE neighborhood's locations to trusted-still doesn't work! I also have a smartwatch, wireless ear buds, Chromebook, AND my car bluetooth ALL as trusted devices, yet I still find myself having to enter in my pin or biometrics 90% of the time! Super frustrating when I'm trying to do things fast, and my fingerprint doesn't register because I just put on lotion, or my face isn't recognized because I have 2 hairs out of place....... I've tried EVERYTHING. Deleting ALL biometrics, deleting ALL trusted locations, devices, and on person detection. I've even factory reset the last 3 Galaxy phones I've had- YES, this is NOT just an issue with the new, fanyy phones... always been an issue. Samsung blames smartwatch, car, ear buds, car connections, tell me to take to local licensed store. They keep my phone for 4 hours, "push" software update because they are SURE it's a software glitch, only to have none of that work... for any of the last 3 phones I've had. I was hopeful this new s20 Plus would at LEAST have a better setup considering the new OS and features, but... low and behold, it does not. Samsung is STILL telling me it's my other devices... how CAN it be them, when many have changed to different brands, car models, and devices in general that are STILL not being recognized as trusted? I lose bluetooth connection ALLLLL the time with my FitBit, car, and wireless speakers, yet still... it's the "other devices compatability" that is the problem. I really wanted to stay with Android, as I switched from Apple after my 1st and ONLY iPhone, following my old school Blackberry, but this is ridic. Spending this kind of money should not warrant ANY tech calls, especially for something so many other brands have had figured out YEARS now... 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Smart Lock not recognizing trusted devices, on person detection, OR locati..

No, smartlock and Samsung in general are awful. Huge fall from grace
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Smart Lock not recognizing trusted devices, on person detection, OR location!

Same issue with my running bluetooth headphones set as trusted device. Only started occurring with this past One UI 2.5 update a few days ago.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Smart Lock not recognizing trusted devices, on person detection, OR location!

Mine worked at first for like a few days and then it just stopped.