Original topic:

So, what's the point of being a member here?

(Topic created on: 1/11/21 3:09 PM)
JGCarillonneur
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

It was at the suggestion of Samsung Tech Support people that I signed up for the Samsung Community. Samung's people themselves don't seem to pay any attention to what goes on here. It's occasionally nice to get tips from other users, but I have just learned that the S21 phone will have a still-faster charging feature, with 65 watts (up from 45 watts), but they aren't including the charging cable with new phones. Odds are, many users will have no idea their phones charge that much faster. Clearly, voicing an objection to that marketing blunder didn't interest anyone at Samsung. It's noteworthy also that Samsung still isn't offering a wireless charger that offers the "super fast charge." Apparently, the S20 Ultra can handle a wired charge of 45 watts, and a wireless charge of 25 watts, but their highest-powered charging pad is - wait for it - 15 watts. Now, I did buy one of those, and it is definitely faster than the older "fast wireless charge" I had on my S8+ (which is just 9 watts), but why on earth aren't they offering more powerful wireless charging pads to support their faster charging speeds their phones offer? I feel as if we're spinning our wheels posting anything about all this here. 

Also, no one responded at all about what the various display colors mean on the LED indicator of my battery pack. No one at tech support had any idea, and the so-called "manual," which it took tech people an hour to find, makes absolutely no mention of it. This is customer care??

7 Replies
DGM
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20

You raise excellent points. The only benefit of this forum that I know of is you can get some help on tech issues from a lot of regular customers. There are many good people here offering help.

In terms of Samsung listening to opinions about their marketing and manufacturing decisions, I don't think that's going to happen here...

Finally, Samsung's "customer service" can at times be "the absolute worst"! I am still awaiting a part for my s20+ phone that I requested over 5 months ago. They are unable to handle that simple request.

Btw, I recently emailed: officeofpresident.sea.samsung.com for corporate assistance. I sent it on Saturday. I will be surprised if I even get a reply by this Friday (one week). Time will tell. - - That "might be" a good way to communicate with Samsung, but at this moment I'm doubtful.

If one buys Samsung, it has to be because they are satisfied enough with what they are offering today. Hopefully one never, ever needs Samsung's "Customer Support"... But for tech type questions, come back here and someone will help you. Good luck!

St3v3C
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
well stated.
JGCarillonneur
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks! Once in awhile, I have gotten people at Samsung support to do a remote session to fix something on one of my phones (a few years ago - not sure it would happen now). I have had times when I called while they were still open, but put in a cue for 45 minutes, with no updates about when I would reach someone. They just left me hanging. Then, ever try to search for an item on their online catalog? It works very poorly! I like their phones, but they most certainly can and should do better with customers!

DGM
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20

I recently got one of my posts deleted because I dared to share a "public Samsung Email Address" with another Samsung customer on this forum who had a problem and needed it to get resolved.  

After spending 6 months trying to get a simple "warrantied part" from Samsung, I finally learned of the Samsung email address! - - If I had known about it 6 months ago, I guarantee you I would have used it then.  - - Otherwise, I was just banging my head against a wall trying to get "Samsung Support/Service"!

And now, I'm being told by a moderator here that sharing that "public Samsung Support email address" is AGAINST this forum's "Terms of Service"... Really?!?!?!  How can that be???  

I am awaiting a reply to see precisely where in the TOS (Terms of Service) my sharing a pubic Samsung support email address is in violation of the rules.

0 Likes
JGCarillonneur
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

This certainly sounds bizarre! Unfortunately, I see no evidence that anyone from Samsung actually pays any attention to what is posted here, but this does indeed provide you a place to post your objections where other users will see it! I wish you luck, but it's probably obvious that I'm not in a position to help you with it. Thanks for sharing your experience! (I'm just another user/owner, like you.) - JG

DGM
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
Thank you for your reply. No, I realize this thread/post is meant for Samsung customers to see. Every once in awhile a "Samsung moderator" will get involved to tell you you've broken a rule... I can't begin to tell you how many "rules of customer service" Samsung has broken!!! They should be ashamed, but unfortunately are not...

Btw, I am still waiting for my reply from the Samsung moderator as to why/how my post violated their terms of service.
0 Likes
JGCarillonneur
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Stay tuned! I'm going to have some fun in a moment, promoting third-party charging gear, since Samsung can't be bothered. Let's see how long it takes to get their attention!