JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Social Media Stories and Video posts Freeze

(Topic created: 11-11-2021 04:29 PM)
Aaron80
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I have the Galaxy s20 5G and after recent updates from the phone or app updates I have noticed and researched and found that numerous people have issues with social media platforms stories and video posts will freeze in the middle of the video when you play the post or view the story on Facebook or Instagram or any other platform that does the same thing as them. ANY SUGGESTIONS? Clearing the cache forcing the apps to stop clearing the data does not fix anything it's only a temporary fix.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S20

sorry for the late reply. the submit process is done using samsung members app > get help   tab at the bottom > scroll down a bit to find the Error Report option.

When you manually observe and submit the issue this collects issue logs for the engineers to look at and determine what the cause may be. It doesn't always collect the necessary info as the tool doesn't collect every little detail but it does catch quite a good range of issues. So it's worth giving it a shot and it only take ~5min on your end for a free support from (most likely) higher level techs/engineers... vs the chatting on the phone or website tends to guide you to scripted supports where they often end up telling you to factory reset the device.

Seems the issue has fixed itself for now based on your comment, but if you see any issue what-so-ever in the future... don't hesitate to report error right away and then you can do your thing while waiting.

View solution in context

10 Replies
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S20

Submit error report to Samsung Members app after the issue is seen again, if you can... screen record the issue occurring.

Surely the samsung engineers can help figure out if this is the app's issue or the phone's issue... or maybe even network issue

Aaron80
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Where do I submit the air report and how is that going to help
0 Likes
Solution
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S20

sorry for the late reply. the submit process is done using samsung members app > get help   tab at the bottom > scroll down a bit to find the Error Report option.

When you manually observe and submit the issue this collects issue logs for the engineers to look at and determine what the cause may be. It doesn't always collect the necessary info as the tool doesn't collect every little detail but it does catch quite a good range of issues. So it's worth giving it a shot and it only take ~5min on your end for a free support from (most likely) higher level techs/engineers... vs the chatting on the phone or website tends to guide you to scripted supports where they often end up telling you to factory reset the device.

Seems the issue has fixed itself for now based on your comment, but if you see any issue what-so-ever in the future... don't hesitate to report error right away and then you can do your thing while waiting.

Lindycaligirl
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I am having the same issues as the above complaint with Aaron 80.. I have been trying several things clearing the cash I'm not going to do a factory restart I have too many things in my phone that I cannot lose important and I do not want to start from scratch. My phone constantly freezes note 20 the main reason I got this is for my dexcom app and having issues with calculator sound now and just a pain please look into this and fix the bug
Aaron80
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
It is not a network issue because it's a fine for a long time and then he had started sometime after a software upgrade my phone works fine yellow and gray with phone calls of the off and it's just some of the social media apps
Lindycaligirl
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm having so many issues with video freezing on social media mainly on Instagram but it happens on Facebook most social medias I have to scroll up and scroll down to restart it every single time it's not fun
Lindycaligirl
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I definitely agree with you it's not a network issue..
Aaron80
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Sorry I'm just now seeing these messages but but I think it was the apps causing problems cause then I had another problem because then I had another problem with my phone and I just had all kinds of things going I was told that this model has issues but it is but everything is fine it has been for the past few weeks or months
Lindycaligirl
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Yeah I'm not sure mine is having so many issues it's just bothersome I did put a error report to see if it was my note 20 hopefully I could get some answers