cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Software Feedback for Samsung

Upgrading from my S8 to an S20 plus, I noticed that a lot of functionality and even user control was lost. Forced automatic system updates with no option but to postpone, a front camera that brightens your face to where it doesn't even match your skin tone, being able to move multiple apps from one page to another by dragging it to a gray bar at the top (this was before one ui), and the now removed heart rate sensor, to name a few.

I feel like Samsung's software is slowly starting to become more and more like IOS. And I really hope it doesn't come to that because it was that functionality and those extra features that made navigating so smooth on my S8. If it does come to that, at least extend the product support for older devices instead of limiting it to 2 major updates.

I remember reading a metaphor about Apple's ecosystem that really resonated with me. "iPhone is like a perfect house. But it doesn't allow you to go outside. It's a beautiful jail but at the end of the day, freedom is what you desire."

Samsung, please don't sacrifice your UI experience to match what your other competitors are doing.

It was the small things that made me appreciate my S8. Even with all the bells and whistles that come with the S20, I still find myself missing all that was lost.

Knowing that Samsung is a company that listens to it's customers, I hope they see this and hopefully they bring back the things that made a Samsung phone so great to use in a future update.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Software Feedback for Samsung

Hate to say it but don't hold your breath.   The S20 Ultra I bought freezes when scrolling on websites. I surf. ALOT. So that problem is a huge issue for me.  Camera isn't so hot either. Blurry.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Re: Software Feedback for Samsung

haven't had any performance issues, but I will say it did take a while for the camera to adjust and it made my pics blurry too (which is odd because the s8 has a quick auto focus). there's also the ultrasonic fingerprint reader, which i have to tap more than once to unlock. the small things really do make a difference, and it's ridiculous that their flagship phones are losing what made a Samsung phone so great to use before. i posted on samsung members so that someone from Samsung at least uses the feedback
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Software Feedback for Samsung

@Yusy - I purchased my Note 10 less than a year ago and am beginning to now see a decline in performance. I have notifications for things I don't even use pop up several dozen times a day. I noticed significant changes after the last few updates and now it's apparently affecting my battery life. similar to ios I feel like my phone is purposely being downgraded which is against the law. Apple recently got caught and a lawsuit was filed against them for shady tactics. It may be time to get a 3rd party to review the system UI because Samsung knows we are all having issues but provide very limited support if at all.