cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Software Update for S20 (unlocked version)

Does anyone know when the next update will be?   I'm particularly looking for the GPS fix!!  (I'm sure some of the users are looking for the camera fix too.)

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Software Update for S20 (unlocked version)

Hi Hkecho

I hope you feel well, I would recommend a factory reset but before make sure you backup your device, turn off the phone press power button, volume up and Bixby in the same time then choose wipe all the data in the device after that choose restart the device then try to use the GPS again, If that didn’t work try to call 1800 Samsung tell them about the issue that you experience they will try their best to help you

Highlighted
Asteroid

Factory reset is just not acceptable in today's world.  Samsung needs to get their act together!

Highlighted
Product Expert

We sorry about the bad experience that you have, we will try our best to help you out to get your issue resolved

Highlighted
Asteroid

Still no update on my phone!  I wish this is like the Google Pixel.  I used to be able to manual download the update file from Google and install the update myself.   Sigh....................

Samsung, where are you on this??????

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

@hkecho wrote:

Does anyone know when the next update will be?   I'm particularly looking for the GPS fix!!  (I'm sure some of the users are looking for the camera fix too.)

There was an update released this weekend for the US version Unlocked S20+

Highlighted
Asteroid

Do you receive the new update frame? TCH… I have same unlocked version. Still not receive the new update… What happen on Samsung!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I can't even download the update even though it shows it's available. It keeps asking me to connect to wifi? I have a unlimited data plan, my area is on lockdown due to the corona virus and everything is shut down. I live in a smaller country town with no wifi. I can stream 4k video on my unlimited data plan but can't download an important system update that would take a few seconds at my 70Mbps mobile data speed? What kind of  backwards thinking is this?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Got the update last night at 1:30am.   There's no release note for this update, so I have no clue what was fixed!  LOL

Highlighted
Asteroid

Got some good news for everyone.  I got to try out Google Map and Waze while I was driving to the grocery store.  Both app worked perfectly.  I guess the software update fixed it!  Good luck everyone!