cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Software Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Does anyone know when the July security patch update is coming to the s20 ultra (unlocked)?
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sun

Re: Software Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Updates depend on your carrier regardless if unlocked or not. Once Samsung is ready to send out the Update they will send it out to your carrier. Then once your carrier is ready to send it out they will send it out in waves to multiple devices at a time. It will come soon just be on the lookout. Sometimes you can restart your device and check to see if it comes up in your software update settings. Hope this helps.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Sun

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Updates depend on your carrier regardless if unlocked or not. Once Samsung is ready to send out the Update they will send it out to your carrier. Then once your carrier is ready to send it out they will send it out in waves to multiple devices at a time. It will come soon just be on the lookout. Sometimes you can restart your device and check to see if it comes up in your software update settings. Hope this helps.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: Software Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks 👍
Highlighted
Sun

Re: Re: Software Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No problem👍

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't think that is right, for example O2U carrier CSC from o2, and BTU unlocked CSC from Samsung

BTU receives the update way before O2U receive it, yet you say o2 are responsible for pushing out updates to both O2U & BTU, in-fact BTU receives updates direct from Samsung, which is the whole point of switching CSC's from a carrier CSC to an unlocked CSC so you are no longer having to wait for the slow carrier to push it out

Highlighted
Sun

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an unlocked device. And I can tell you from experience that even unlocked devices take longer to get updates than carrier locked devices. But you'll also sometimes get the update when the carrier you're on sends it out. Im on and unlocked device with a T-Mobile sim and I've gotten updates the same time as carrier locked devices before.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

BTU has had the July update (Unlocked direct from Samsung)

O2U is still on the May update (Carrier)

Samsung sends the updates to the carrier, the carrier does testing / adds their bloat, if there is an issue they report to Samsung, Samsung tests and fixes, sends it back to carriers, who again test, if there is another issue the process repeats until there are no issues, then when they decide to, the carrier pushes it out to your device

Unlocked, Samsung sends the update to your device, done.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The US unlocked Samsung Galaxy S20 series is receiving the July security patch
>>>>>>>>>>>>> If only carrier-locked phones would get updates this fast  <<<<<<<<<<<<

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/07/06/the-us-unlocked-samsung-galaxy-s20-series-is-receiving-the-...

To check if the update is available to you as well, head to Settings -> Software Update, though as always, it's a staged rollout, and we all know that carriers also take quite some time until they push the latest releases.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

thanks for your solution .  @JoshQ . I was looking for this .

Samsung Galaxy S20 July Security Patch

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I got early today a update the ATFB security patch