cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Some contacts not showing for incoming calls on S20 Ultra

Hello guys,

I used to have a Note 8, and bought a new S20 Ultra. To my surprise, a few contacts' names do not show if they're calling me, if I call them it's normal.

I tried removing all the contacts on the phone and leaving only a single copy on Google Contacts server, but it didn't help; the numbers under my "Recents"  tab in the phone app are still showing as numbers rather than names. Although, if I search for the same numbers on the Phone app, or Google Contacts they show with their corresponding details.

On a side note, I always store my contacts with international calling prefixes.

Any help?

Many thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Some contacts not showing for incoming calls on S20 Ultra

Thanks for your time!

Yes, all contacts selected.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Hi, 

i face the same exact issue with my note 20 ultra. i went through all the settings. all seems well. 

only selected contacts do not show up when they are calling me. any solution?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone?

Highlighted
Asteroid

I spent some time with Samsung US support a couple of weeks back, they tried all the possible reset tricks starting with my phone app, to global app preferences, soft reset, all the way to wipe cache partition, with no joy.

What I noticed is, if I attempt to 
save local numbers (without the international prefix), the app recognizes the contacts, and names show for any recent calls I made when I was still using the international prefix. The problem is, I save numbers using international prefixes, when I receive a local call, the international prefix is missing, so the phone app cannot recognize it's the same number. Yet, this issue appears for only a few contacts. I hope that explains thoroughly my problem.

In case you're asking, I'm absolutely sure I'm saving only one copy of my contact's number, plus as I told you the phone app can actually recognize that there are multiple calls from the same number and are grouped together under recent calls. But, somehow only recognizes the calls from contacts saved without international calling prefix while others not.

Thank you guys once again, for lending a helping hand.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hey useroxH7HLKulp,

Do please let me know if you were able to find a fix.

Thanks in advance.