Some icons missing on status bar after the latest One UI update

(Topic created: 01-01-2021 05:02 AM)
lincolnclip
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Screenshot_20210102-014318_One UI Home.jpg

Hi 

I am having a trouble after applying the latest update on my s20+.

I have a YouTube premium account. Before the update, when I played my YouTube video at background, there was a YouTube icon on top status bar which however has disappeared since the update. The video is still playing though. Not only YouTube, my Ted, YT Music or few other streaming app are all suffering the same issue. They still play at background but just the icon on status bar has disappeared. I checked the all notification settings in APP where I could see nothing has been disabled or altered. I suspect it may be a system bug by Samsung. But before I conclude it, I am wondering if anyone else is having the same issue as I got after the update.

Nevertheless, I can still receive my messenger and Gmail notification as normal. Looks the issue is just for streaming apps by far.

SmartSelect_20210102-014610_Software update.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedbacks, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

0 Likes
19 Replies
Options
Galaxy S20
"One UI 3 is designed to help you focus on what matters"

Maybe the developers are of the same mind.
0 Likes
lincolnclip
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Don't think so. It's quite annoying now since if I want to pause or stop play, instead of pulling down notification bar, I will have to re open the app and do it from there everytime. I tried my VLC player last night, it had the same issue. Only one music player works as normal.

Options
Galaxy S20
If you pull down the notification drawer, is it there? Long press and go to settings - it will highlight which notification needs to be turned on. Maybe "playback" notification is off? Could also be a bug - I don't use those apps, but just trying to help
0 Likes
lincolnclip
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks but all notification settings at left on. I have also tried to reinstall each app and cleared cache and data in setting and restarted the phone mutiple times but the problem persists.

useruzgQtiA4pU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the very same problem on my S20. Neither Spotify, SiriusXM, Podcast Republic nor Samsung Music appear in the status bar while playing. This happened after the update to One UI 3.

0 Likes
lincolnclip
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks, glad I am not the only one. Presume it's a bug caused by the latest update. I will stop wasting time to research how to bring those icons back and stand by for Samsung to patch the issue in next update.

0 Likes
user04o9igADXP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Yep, same here. S10e. No icons for all formentioned apps in the statusbar either when playing media. Also for Castbox it doesn't work. Very annoying to no know what's playing in the background without having to swipe down first...

0 Likes
user8zXM7zC8PW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Same issue, GalaxyM21. No solution. 😕

0 Likes
user867O3zrI7S
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Upgraded to One UI 3.1 tonight but still no fix, disappointed ☹️