Some icons missing on status bar after the latest One UI update

(Topic created: 03-03-2021 01:53 PM)
lincolnclip
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Screenshot_20210102-014318_One UI Home.jpg

Hi 

I am having a trouble after applying the latest update on my s20+.

I have a YouTube premium account. Before the update, when I played my YouTube video at background, there was a YouTube icon on top status bar which however has disappeared since the update. The video is still playing though. Not only YouTube, my Ted, YT Music or few other streaming app are all suffering the same issue. They still play at background but just the icon on status bar has disappeared. I checked the all notification settings in APP where I could see nothing has been disabled or altered. I suspect it may be a system bug by Samsung. But before I conclude it, I am wondering if anyone else is having the same issue as I got after the update.

Nevertheless, I can still receive my messenger and Gmail notification as normal. Looks the issue is just for streaming apps by far.

SmartSelect_20210102-014610_Software update.jpg

19 Replies
user7N1cEUJ50f
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I received one UI 3.0 update last night for note 10 lite. since then notifications of apps (like Instagram, WhatsApp, Facebook, and all other apps) disappears from status bar and also from AOD.

request Samsung team to provide update ASAP to fix this bug.

0 Likes
userY4o2UHKAXY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have an S8 plus and can't get OneUI 3 but the most recent security patch has done the same it seems with missing status icons and accompanying notifications even though they are enabled in settings. Looks like they messed up on a much wider scale.

0 Likes
chipbennett
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I can confirm the same issue on S21+. When receiving notifications, icons do not appear in the status bar notification area. (Only the clock and carrier - AT&T - shows.) After swiping down to display the notification tray, notification icons thereafter appear in the status bar.

I have verified all appropriate notification settings, and am using a default/stock wallpaper. (And since icons appear after swiping to display the notification tray, it seems pretty clear that this is a bug, not a user setting/configuration issue.)

0 Likes
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

can you check this settings?

settings -> notifications -> advanced settings -> show notification icons -> all notifications

0 Likes
chipbennett
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Yes, all notifications are set to display. The common denominator in this thread seems to be people who have notifications set to show all, but notification icons not showing.

As a follow-up to my original post, I've noticed something else: the icons appearing/not appearing doesn't seem to have anything to do with swiping the notification panel. Rather, the carrier icon (in my case, "AT&T") appears for approximately 4 seconds, after which the notification icons appear. So, it appears that the carrier notification/icon is initially preventing notification icons from appearing.

0 Likes
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

try report the issue on samsung members app.

i also have att S20+, but ATT logo only appears where there are no notification, but never seen it disappear.

0 Likes
gumis77
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
hello, same here, after update android 11 UI 3.0 on S10+ and android 11 UI 3.1 on Tab S7+ . no icons on notification bar if youtube or youtube music is working in the background. this annoying! this should be fixed by Samsung asap.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedbacks, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes
userWqNogT96Ae
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Yep, seems like 'media playing apps' now no longer show in status bar as icons.

I don't like this feature.

I can see music apps,  audible, podcast , music apps no longer show. This is super annoying. At least give the option in setting where active playing apps are not shown.  I want to see all my notifications.

Please fix this Samsung.

0 Likes