JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Speaker phone turns off when texting

(Topic created: 04-07-2020 09:36 AM)
userRWSh9xw8tX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the new S20 Ultra. Previously had the S10 and had the same issue as well.

What happens is Im using speaker phone just fine and I get a text message and start typing and at some point, the speaker turns off. The speaker phone icon remains green/activated but the speaker phone is off and stays off unless I toggle the icon off and on again.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Are you using the stock phone and messaging app?

-If no, I would recommend using the stock apps to see if you still experience these symptoms.

Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode? 

-If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identity and remove the app that may be causing the problem.

-Give this link a try to test your device in safe mode: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

-Give these steps a try to wipe the cache partition on your device: 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

Are you using a third-party launcher or any themes?

-If yes, I would try using the default launcher or theme.

If you are still experiencing these symptoms after performing the troubleshooting steps above, I would recommend factory resetting your device. Important: Please save any information you need prior to the factory reset because otherwise your personal information may not be recovered. If you have encrypted the microSD card, you must decrypt it before resetting the phone. Otherwise, your phone will not be able to read the data on the card. From Settings, search for and select Decrypt SD card, and then follow the on-screen prompts.Before you perform a factory reset, be sure to back up your personal data, so you don't lose it all. Give this link a try to factory reset your device: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

I would recommend not restoring from backup to see if you still experience these symptoms.

If all the troubleshooting provided doesn't resolve the symptoms you are experiencing, I would recommend a service repair. You can take your device to your local UbreakIfix or ship the device in for service.

If you are wishing to ship your device in for service can you please provide me the following information in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.