Original topic:

Speech to text duplicates

(Topic created: 06-09-2021 11:50 PM)
userfZN1XRSr5R
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello, after a recent update, when I am using the talk text feature to dictate texts, if a new text comes in while I am talk texting in a text message, the talk text feature will duplicate whatever I just dictated.  

Is this a known issue and will it be corrected with an update?   I just did a software update and hoped it would correct the problem but it has not.  I never had this problem before a month or so ago so I assumed it was caused by recent update.

13 Replies
MrJell_Lee
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20

interesting... if you are able to recreate the issue, then do so and immediately follow up with Issue Report using the Samsung Members app. the stock Speech-to-Text feature on the samsung keyboard is samsung's own version, if this is happening then samsung needs to know about it and be able to fix it.

0 Likes
Tommysphoneissue
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I have a similar issue I have the presumptive text shut off and it's still putting in words that I don't say especially at thespecially at the beginning of the sentence
0 Likes
usersTIDNHARXV
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I also am having a problem with duplication of speech to text texts. It doesn't matter if Samsung or Google speech to text is used. How do I fix this?? Can't find useful info online so far.

userlU7CvTjovt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the same problem. It duplicates whole lines

0 Likes
userYYUZXxoPkP
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Same issue here, very annoying

usersZDU2727oC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same issue here with the talk to text feature duplicating portions of sentences.  It defeats the purpose when you have to go back and edit everything you say.

YSeb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm having the same issue and I agree, the editing takes up so much time since it does this every time now
usersZDU2727oC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I found this solution on another thread and it worked:
"Under phone settings>General management>Keyboard list and default, I found both Google and Samsung were "on." Turned off Samsung.  Also under phone settings>General management>Text to speech,  I changed preferred engine to Google.  Problem solved.  Note: setting both to Samsung did NOT work."

MrJell_Lee
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20

interesting.... so the speech to text feature seems better tuned for Google's keyboard than Samsung's?

0 Likes