Original topic:

Still haven't received ONE UI 2.5-3.1

(Topic created on: 3/2/21 7:09 AM)
Moe25
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Hello everyone! Hope you are all well. I recently bought a SAMSUNG GALAXY S20+. And after the setup I still haven't received the one ui 2.5-3.1 updates. I am stuck on the only ui 2.1. I have asked my carrier (Cricket Wireless) and they said they have sent out the latest update. But I still haven't received it. And they said because this phone wasn't bought from them it would be up to samsung. But samsung released it long time ago. So I am a little concerned. Does anyone else still have this issue? 
12 Replies
SJohnson
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20
have you tried connecting your device to the PC version of Smart switch? you could check for a software update through there or flash the current version

Please follow all community guidelines before posting

Moe25
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
No I actually have not tried that. But I will. Do you think you can give me a little more information? Like how do I check it with the pc? do I have to download any software or anything? and what does flash to get current version mean? THANK YOU
0 Likes
SJohnson
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20
on your pc, search for Smart switch and it will give you the download. once you download it open it up then plug in your phone. once connected there should be a drop-down arrow and there should be an option to search for the current software

Moe25
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Alright, thank you so much.
0 Likes
Moe25
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I have just download it and installed smart switch app on my PC and have connected my device in after getting on the home screen of the smart switch app on the PC it did show my device and I drop down arrow but after pressing the drop-down arrow it told me my device storage, what software I was using which was Android 10, and it told me that my device was up to date. no other options at all. and also from my research of seeing that Samsung is going to finish up their updates on the s20s by April so I would just have to wait. thanks again for your help
0 Likes
SJohnson
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20
if you're familiar with flashing, I would flash the current unlocked firmware

Moe25
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
What would that do?
0 Likes
Patriot1776JG
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20
Yes, from experience your get it, probably waiting awhile. Had a Sprint phone, then with the merger, I got T mobile SIM card. Last update was June 2020, just got Android 11, & UI 3.0 February 7th. So about 8 months with nothing, and like you called Samsung, and ask, called T mobile and ask. Finally gave up. So I know this isn't what you want to hear, but this is what happened to me. So your get it, your just have wait
0 Likes
Moe25
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Thanks for the reply, this phone even though