Original topic:

Stopping Apps from Deep Sleep

(Topic created: 05-18-2023 04:05 PM)
Zeuszoos
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Hi,

[-> I have the following phone: Samsung Galaxy S20 (SM-G988U1) Ultra 5G Android 13 & One UI 5.1 I have both Avast AV and a Notification app that I use and which need to run all the time.
[-> For their Battery Usage, I set them both to "Unrestricted" and I Disabled the "Remove Permissions if App is Unused" setting for both apps.
[-> What's happening is that every time I Reboot my phone, I get a Notification from "Device Care", that says it put the apps to sleep because they were "sending unnecessary notifications and slowing down your phone".
[-> The same thing is happening on my wife's Samsung Galaxy A71 5G phone as well (running same OS & UI as mine), so I know it can't just be my phone. Plus we bought them just a couple of months ago new.
[-> Please help??? I wish to keep my hair in my head! 🙂

Thank You, Dave

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20
Set them to 'Never sleep'.

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20
Set them to 'Never sleep'.
Zeuszoos
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Thank you for responding. What do you mean? What I forgot to mention is that I did Disable the "Put Unused Apps to Sleep" setting.

There is a section that is labeled, "Never Sleeping Apps", but when I try to add them there, they don't appear in the list of apps it shows to select which apps from.

But I have always tried that *after* removing the two apps from the "Deep Sleep" section. But after reading your response, I decided to try that again, but this time *before* removing them (for the hundreth time) from the "Deep Sleep" section and this time it did show them in the list of apps to choose from in the "Never Sleep" section and so I selected both of them, then tapped "Add" and it moved them into it I assume, since it pulled them out of the "Deep Sleep" section when I did that.

So is that what you meant? Or something else?
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20
Yes, that's what I meant. 🙂

Hopefully they will stay there.
Zeuszoos
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Okay, thank you again. Hopefully they will stay there. I'll let ya know by either a happy note, or some serious whining. 🙂
Zeuszoos
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Itsa workin', Danno! Thanka you mucha!!! 🙂