JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Super Fast Charging not properly charging my S20FE

(Topic created: 08-27-2022 05:03 AM)
usero0EPVtTuEM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
  • Upon updating my software yesterday (August 26, 2022), I noticed that my 25W super fast charger is not charging my S20 FE properly. After about an hour of charging, my battery percentage only went up to 18% from 10% without me using my phone while charging. Maybe there is a bug in the latest update because before I updated to the latest software version, my phone was charging properly using my 25W super fast charger. Is anyone experiencing the same issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello, We understand the importance of being able to superfast charge your phone! For those who have updated their phones to One UI 4.1.1, please take a look at the following:

One UI v4.1.1 shows the type of charging being used in the following two ways:

1. In the Notification panel, the charging type displays for the first five (5) seconds (e.g. “Fast charging started”

• After the first five (5) seconds, the device will only display “Charging” regardless of the type of charging being used

2. From the Lock screen, the Battery icon and the remaining charging time for a full charge will show for the first five (5) seconds

• After the first five (5) seconds, the device will display only the charging icon​

If the phone is slow charging or will not charge, this article contains several steps that may correct the concern. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/my-device-is-charging-slowly-not-switching-on-or-k... 

In the event the phone is not charging and troubleshooting is not helpful, it is recommended to have the phone evaluated at an authorized service location. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location 

For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

9 Replies
Satru
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
Could be some app running or using a lot of battery, go to setting - battery and device care and check the optimization be in Great, after select memory and clean now, after select battery and go a little down and check what app is excessively using your battery, reboot and check again.
0 Likes
userO3R6c2m70Q
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Same issue
0 Likes
Jim Noir
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Yes, same here. after last update. super fast charging won't work. And gets stuck after one or two percent.

0 Likes
userZTEpHajpNh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

After the last update the phone has charging issues, when plugged into a samsung original super fast charger it shows the charging notification but it doesnt charge or it starts charging charges a few percent and then stops (the charging notification is still shown). this seems to only happen with the samsung super fast charger when plugged into any other charger it charges fully being at a slower speed. I have run the diagnostics and everything is fine. also i have a second super fast charger as my brother has an s21 and it does the same thing. (his s21 sharger normally with my charger too). this point to it being a software issues seemingly everything is fine hardware wise but i can not use my charger. does anyone know why and is it being fixed?

user03nUN2w500
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

There is an issue that started with the august update on SE20 FE. For now we wait...

0 Likes
فراس
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
لا
0 Likes
Jim Noir
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I thought I was the only one with this issue. Same thing happened after last update! This is very bad Samsung!

userfd28I7Waio
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Same problem. After annoying tech support (I kept going back to them, it took about 6 times replying to their scripted respnses) they admitted:

"With the latest SW update the calculation logic for maximum charging power has been improved.
Due to this improvement, some third-party or non-genuine chargers may show a different charging speed than prior to the SW update."

My Spigen charger matches Samsung super fast charging specs. It no longer super fast charges. This appears to be a deliberate change to hurt Samsung customers and sell proprietary accessories. I'm not sure how to escalate this any further.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello, We understand the importance of being able to superfast charge your phone! For those who have updated their phones to One UI 4.1.1, please take a look at the following:

One UI v4.1.1 shows the type of charging being used in the following two ways:

1. In the Notification panel, the charging type displays for the first five (5) seconds (e.g. “Fast charging started”

• After the first five (5) seconds, the device will only display “Charging” regardless of the type of charging being used

2. From the Lock screen, the Battery icon and the remaining charging time for a full charge will show for the first five (5) seconds

• After the first five (5) seconds, the device will display only the charging icon​

If the phone is slow charging or will not charge, this article contains several steps that may correct the concern. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/my-device-is-charging-slowly-not-switching-on-or-k... 

In the event the phone is not charging and troubleshooting is not helpful, it is recommended to have the phone evaluated at an authorized service location. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location 

For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.