Original topic:

Super Fast Charging with S9 Charging Block

(Topic created on: 1/22/21 1:06 PM)
sonic65101
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Will Super Fast Charging work with the charging block that came with my old Samsung Galaxy S9? The USB-C-to-USB-C cable that came with my S20+ is starting to fail, and since stores only sell Samsung USB-C-to-USB-A cables (and the S20+'s charger only has a USB-C port), I have to switch to the old cable and charge block.
6 Replies
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20
Hey, that's a Good Question. Gonna bookmark your thread in case someone has an answer ok
0 Likes
nopen1278
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm pretty sure only fast charging will work since the charging brick the comes with the s20 series is 25W. I believe the s9 was maximum 15W and probably more like 10W.
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20
that sounds legit
0 Likes
DGM
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20

How old is your phone?

0 Likes
sonic65101
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Bought it new in September of last year.
0 Likes
DGM
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20

Okay, here's a good tip for you!  Your charger/cable is covered under the Samsung Warranty.  Call 800-Samsung and tell them your problem... It should only take a few minutes to get though to them... that's the good news!  So, they will replace your cable and or charger  free of cost.

In the meantime, go ahead and use your older charger & cable... instead of taking 1 hour to charge your phone, it will take 2 -3 hours with your old charger... - - But "eventually" you'll get your new charger/cable  for your S20+!  -  - Let me know when you get his called in, as I'll have another tip for you.  Good luck!  :thumbs_up:

Be sure to click  " ✓ Accept as Solution"  when you find an answer that works for you. - Thanks!

0 Likes