cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Switch to new SD card

Did anyone know how to transfer stuff from one SD card to a new SD card. I ran out of room and got a bigger one but want stuff from my old one on my new one . 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Switch to new SD card

Hi, One way of doing this would be to put the SD card into a laptop, copy the files on to it, remove the old memory card, insert the new one and move from the laptop into there.

Highlighted
Product Expert

you can also try getting a usb memory adapter stick plug into your phone and transfer it to the stick.

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-Type-C-128GB-SDCZ450-128G-G46/dp/B01BUSN0DO

attached is an example of the device! simply connect it and transfer! hope this helps!

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hey @Kelli34

Plugging your phone into your pc will allow you to transfer the items on your phone local and external storage which can then be transferred onto the new sd card.  If this was helpful please leave a like and mark accept as solution.  

Take Care,

ddsanchez_82

Highlighted
Product Expert

Great question. Depending on how it was saved you can either transfer them manually from SD card to a device then back to the new SD card. Or you can utilize a feature called smart switch. Back up your info, restore all that info saved from the sd card to a device, then put in the new SD card, back up via smart switch again (to the new SD card). This operation of using smart switch can be utilized on laptops, mobile devices and tablets (feature subject to software platform of device in use) .  Unsure what kind of device you are using . But that would be the only way to transfer info from one SD card to another SD card. Is through an intermediary device.  Transfering individual files manually and/or via smartswitch.