cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

T-Mobile RCS on S20 using Samsung Messing App

I've had a problem with receiving RCS messages from other TMobile customers who have chat enabled are are not using Google Messaging. I'm using the native Samsung Messaging App with a Galaxy S20. 

The only way I can receive messages from everyone is if I switch to the Google messaging app which I don't want to do because I have an Active 2 watch.

I've done it all. Cleared cache, reset settings, made sure delivery and read is on for everything. Factory reset my phone, customer service with TMobile, customer service with Samsung. 

I don't receive messages from people who have a blue dot next to their contact image. They can receive my messages. 

I've narrowed it down to TMobile customers. 

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: T-Mobile RCS on S20 using Samsung Messing App

Just thought I'd check in to see if you got this working? I just set up my S20+ (T-mobile) and have the same issue. RCS isn't working with samsungs default messenger although chat settings are enabled. For now I can use Google messages since I have a wear OS watch, but I would like to get a Galaxy watch. I won't purchase one though if I can't RCS on samsung message app :-/

Highlighted
Asteroid

I'm actually testing it again now.

First day with a contact I didn't receive messages from. The first few have come through RCS. We will see. 

Side note, you can receive Google messaging notifications on the Samsung watch, and can reply; however, you can't initiate a text unless you're using Samsung messaging.

Highlighted
Asteroid

So has everyone gotten this to work? I am trying to figure this out
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: T-Mobile RCS on S20 using Samsung Messing App

Yes. finally. Someone suggested removing the Google RCS from my old phone. it was still connected. Google allows you to do it if you don't have your old phone.
https://messages.google.com/disable-chat
Highlighted
Asteroid

So even if you don't use Google messaging?
Highlighted
Asteroid

Yep. it was confusing to me as well.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Okay thank you I'll try it
Highlighted
Asteroid

Hey so I need to turn it off on my old phone? Is that correct?
Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes, exactly