cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

T-Mobile RCS on S20 using Samsung Messing App

I've had a problem with receiving RCS messages from other TMobile customers who have chat enabled are are not using Google Messaging. I'm using the native Samsung Messaging App with a Galaxy S20. 

The only way I can receive messages from everyone is if I switch to the Google messaging app which I don't want to do because I have an Active 2 watch.

I've done it all. Cleared cache, reset settings, made sure delivery and read is on for everything. Factory reset my phone, customer service with TMobile, customer service with Samsung. 

I don't receive messages from people who have a blue dot next to their contact image. They can receive my messages. 

I've narrowed it down to TMobile customers. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: T-Mobile RCS on S20 using Samsung Messing App

Just thought I'd check in to see if you got this working? I just set up my S20+ (T-mobile) and have the same issue. RCS isn't working with samsungs default messenger although chat settings are enabled. For now I can use Google messages since I have a wear OS watch, but I would like to get a Galaxy watch. I won't purchase one though if I can't RCS on samsung message app :-/

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: T-Mobile RCS on S20 using Samsung Messing App

I'm actually testing it again now.

First day with a contact I didn't receive messages from. The first few have come through RCS. We will see. 

Side note, you can receive Google messaging notifications on the Samsung watch, and can reply; however, you can't initiate a text unless you're using Samsung messaging.