cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Terrible battery life on S20+

Wow, the battery life is very poor, when I compare it to my old S9 (setup is identical to my S20+) the difference is the Android system and Kernel, on the S9 its 9% and 6% respectively but on my S20+ its 26% and 18% respectively, which is a massive difference, which shows major optimization issues that Samsung have not addressed yet, really hope they fix it soon, getting less than 8 hrs of use on a fully charged battery (I don't do gaming at all, just normal email, social media etc. stuff) is pathetic on a flagship...

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Terrible battery life on S20+

Just dont understand why Samsung don't optimise the OS and push an update, I have tried a full reset, disabling some apps etc. but battery life remains worse than my 2 year S9 with a battery 50% smaller, just ridiculous!

Highlighted
Astronaut

Very odd. I have had the s20+ since the day of the release and I've never had such issues. the phone gets me through the day easily. I get about 12 hours without issue. I also browse the internet, social media, and I even play clash of clans. it has been amazing. do you possibly have some battery draining apps? A lot of apps for smart lights are said to take up battery. I don't know why you are having this issue :/
Highlighted
Asteroid

no apps draining, when I look at battery usage its Android system and kernel that together take 40% the top rated app in Nova launcher at 3%, battery gets me through the day, just, but dont understand why battery is worse than my 2 year old S9...

Highlighted

I've had my S20+ for about 4 months now and the battery life is great!I do almost all there is to do on this phone daily,and at the end of the day,I still have around 30 to 40% battery life. Check to see if you have any apps running in the background.It is clear you have some issues going on in your settings.Go to YouTube and watch videos on how to set up your device.You should be able to find some closure.
Highlighted
Astronaut

I can't agree to that. 7-8 hrs of screen on time is solid. Especially at 120HZ the battery is holding up well.
Highlighted
Asteroid

only way you get 7 to 8 hrs SoT is if you watching lots of videos etc. I get 4 to 5 hrs SoT, my S9 gives me 7 hrs SoT, please share your screengrab of 7 to 8 hrs SoT, would like to see the type of usage.

Highlighted
Astronaut

BTW I'm new how do you put what device you use under your profile?