Original topic:

Tethering (and Hotspot) stopped working recently

(Topic created: 05-27-2021 08:10 AM)
Members_7jbaHr7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I Have the S20 5g [updated to today].

I successfully used the Bluetooth Tethering and Hotspot back in February. I have not changed carriers or plans. Now both do not work.

To be specific: when I attempt to swipe tethering for either Bluetooth/usb, the settings app crashes ("settings keeps stopping'' error message). I have Bluetooth enabled and am connected to another device.

For Hotspot, I receive the same error message as this other thread: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S-Phones/Mobile-Hotspot-not-working-on-Samsung-Galaxy-S20...

I followed the suggestions on rebooting, cache clearing, network settings reset, and trying it in safe mode.

6 Replies
Smew
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20

What carrier are you on, and software version for you S20? (Settings > About Phone > Software Information > Build Number (last 4 characters)) It would help to know this info. This also seems like a reoccurring issue, try submitting an error report via the Samsung Members App so Samsung could help fix this right away! Thanks and good luck!

0 Likes
userHtvcDN9Tt6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

same issue here too since last update

Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Please reach out to your carrier directly regarding issues using their services. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Members_7jbaHr7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

@SamsungColeIt is not a carrier issue : tethering and hotspot still work when I switch my sim into a different phone.  The problem  is the S20 post Feb2021 update. The most recent updates also have not fixed the issue.

BobNanner
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Do you get a box that pops up at the bottom of the screen that says, "All apps associated with this action have been turned off, blocked, or are not installed."?
0 Likes
Members_7jbaHr7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

@BobNanner  Yes I get that message.

0 Likes