cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Text jumping to beginning while texting

Anyone else have an issue with text jumping to the beginning of a message while still typing? The corrected word replaces your first word or few words. I searched but can't find this issue anywhere.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Text jumping to beginning while texting

Hi, @userAEy3GnkRhO  I can help you solve that you are having on your phone.  I would suggest turning off the "Predictive text" feature on your device, please follow the steps below:

Go to  Settings>General>Language input>On screen keyboard>Samsung keyboard>Smart typing>Predictive text

(Turn off predictive text)

If you are using  Google keyboard:

Go to  Settings>General>Language input>On screen keyboard>Gboard>Smart typing>Auto Correction

(Turn off Auto-correction)

Please let me know if you have any questions,  Thank you!

@ACEB0ND10 @This predictive text fix doesn't fix the problem! Still glitches. Please provide a real fix and please somehow report this to someone who will make a difference. When is samsung going to fix this so we have no glitching keyboard? This has been going on for almost a decade of samsung phones! How come it is so hard for samsung to fix this simple yet super frustrating problem? Biggest flaw I have ever had with samsung.

@Ydania this occurs without even touching the screen 🤦‍♂️

Highlighted
Product Expert

Definitely sounds like a software issue. Try the factory reset and without restoring your information just yet try out the keyboard. If theres no issue occuring then it was something with your software. If it still occurs in this blank state a hardware repair may be necessary. If this happens reach out to 1800 SAMSUNG to coordinate a screen replacement. 

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello userAey3GnkRhO, 

Sorry to hear youre experiencing issues with your keyboard. I personally use predictive text and havent experienced this myself. Is the text jumping around without your fingers touching the display ? If so it can be a software issue. I would suggest backing up your device and performing a factory reset on it. But if it doesnt happen so often it could be that a part of your hand touched the display. I would try lowering the touch sensitivity and seeing if that makes a difference when you type. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I am having the exact same issue. Thoroughly frustrating, especially since the incorrectly spelled word that was meant to be replaced remains uncorrected at the end of the text! As much as I hate to hear that you're having to deal with this as well, I am glad that it isn't just me going crazy...I do hope this gets fixed soon.

Highlighted
Constellation

Okay, I might have figured it out. Open your keyboard and go to settings. Select "Swipe, touch, and feedback." Next choose "Touch and hold spacebar." See if it has "Cursor control" selected. If so, turn that off and see if it works. Good luck! I'm trying it too!

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello userAEy3GnkRhO,

I believe it's a settings issue, try this, I hope this works.

1. Open up your SETTINGS
  2. Next,  scroll down and select GENERAL MANAGEMENT
  3. Select Language and Input
  4. Select, On-Screen Keyboard, select SAMSUNG KEYBOARD
  5. Select SMART TYPING
  6. Towards the bottom Select, KEYBOARD SWIPE CONTROLS
  7. Deselect CURSOR CONTROL