cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Text jumping to beginning while texting

Thank you, this is the same instructions for the Samsung S20+. Just reconfigured my device and did the same on Gboard so hopefully this will resolve the SMS cursor issue. I never had this problem with my S9 or any previous Samsung mobile devices I owned.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thought it was just me

Highlighted
Astronaut

I recently purchased the S20 Ultra and I am having the exact same problem. This is so frustrating specially when I'm in the middle of a long text and I look up and see that its all kinds of jacked up. Its also failing 30% of my texts. None of this happened on my S10+. Not happy with this $1400 phone.
Highlighted

u can upload your log via samsung members app (you can download it in galaxy store ) and samsung tech support team might be able to tell you what is causing the issue

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried clearing the cache of the messages app and the keyboard? https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077611

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Yes. It's very annoying. Whats the fix?

Highlighted
Constellation

I turned off the swipe and also the cursor that other people have suggested. It seems to be working fine now, though I haven't given it a real test, though it has not jumped up to the beginning of this text nor when I did a short test of a text.

So far still good.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We're glad that you're up and running!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

Didn't fix the problem Smiley Sad