Original topic:

Text messages are not sending- HELP

(Topic created: 09-30-2021 06:31 PM)
Emzzzzz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Hi all, 

So I've been able to communicate with people via group chat or if I'm sending a large text and image but regular sms messages are not sending. 

It's not saying "failed" either. I'm receiving messages from people, I respond , but they're not receiving anything on their end (for everyone not just 1 or 2 people) 

I have tried restarting my phone multiple times, updating it, clear cache and data, I even rebooted the whole phone and it's still not sending. 

Is anyone having this issue too ? What can I do ? 

Pls hlp 

Thank you,
Emzz 
14 Replies
Holmessr86
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
0 Likes
Whatsinth3box
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
Have you tried a different messaging app? I'd give Google messenger a go. If that don't work and you are still having issues then try the above APN reset link.
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20
Please try installing Google carrier services and then reboot your phone
0 Likes
lannettea
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I am having the same problem my bills are paid I have unlimited data but I am with simple mobile I am so frustrated I don't know what to do and this is a brand new phone
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi, I am sorry you are having difficulties sending texts. The app could just need simple maintenance. Having trouble with unresponsive apps? It may be time to give them a good spring cleaning. Don't worry, you don't have to uninstall the app or reset your phone. Instead, clear the app's cache or data. When you do this, any problematic files or bugs in the app will be deleted. You can also use your phone's Device Care features to limit background apps and help your battery last longer. Try these steps here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077611/

Next, you can try resetting your network settings with the steps provided earlier:

Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset Network settings

Another thing to try is wiping your device's cache partition. The steps are: 

Warning Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device. All personal files and settings are not affected by this option.

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
    Note If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button (located on the upper-left edge) for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up button (located on the upper-left edge) and the Home button (located at the bottom in the middle).
  3. While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until "RECOVERY BOOTING" appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
  4. Select wipe cache partition.
    Note Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
  5. Select reboot system now.
    Note Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.

Finally, you can see if a third-party application might be responsible. The steps for Safe Mode are here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

If all the troubleshooting has been tried, reach out to your carrier for further assistance. Please let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes