Original topic:

Text messages still going to Samsung device

(Topic created: 09-27-2021 06:04 PM)
userahQDO8CGV6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Switched devices two days ago. Texts from android users still go to my old device (S20+) that was using Samsung messages as the default app. That device doesn't even have service to receive texts. What needs to be done to correct this?

19 Replies
Options
Galaxy S20
It's usually a few days for the phone number port to complete especially between carriers
0 Likes
userahQDO8CGV6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Nowhere in my post did I say I switched carriers.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
I never said you switched carriers, I said "especially". That's means it's more common IF that pertains to you.
userahQDO8CGV6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

You only port a number when you're switching carriers.  You don't port your number from phone to phone on the same carrier.  That's handled by your SIM card.

This isn't a carrier service issue.  Phone calls, internet and texts from non-android devices work just fine.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
Well since you know it all, you should know the answer to your problem... you could have just said thank you and that's not what's going on. Because I don't see anyone else on this post trying to help you. Take care, ill go try to assist where assistance is appreciated in a respectful manner
0 Likes
userahQDO8CGV6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Posting presumptive responses that aren't relevant to the original post is not assistance.  It's not help.  It's a waste of everybody's time.  If you don't know the answer, don't post a response.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm on here to help and not argue. I'm done with it and your rudeness. Figure it out on your own. You obviously cannot comprehend when I said take care, that's means good bye, don't reply. Take your stresses out somewhere else because I tried to help. Again good bye, find someone else to help with your jacked up phone
0 Likes
userahQDO8CGV6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

The phone isn't broken or jacked up.  If you had actually read my post you would know this.

0 Likes
Home_in_BKK
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
Turn off your old device.
0 Likes