Original topic:

Text not being received from iPhone users

(Topic created: 08-02-2021 05:29 PM)
justwant2live
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Im not receiving messages or texts from my Contacts who have IPhones. 

What to do!
6 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Have you recently switched from an iPhone? Often times, the iMessage app is still connected to the number and it must be disconnected. 

1. On your old iPhone, tap the "Settings" app.

2. Tap "Messages" to access iMessage. Toggle the button beside iMessage to turn it off.

3. If you have no other iOS devices, you can choose to sign out from your iMessage account. Access your "Settings" page again and tap "Messages." Next, tap "Send and Receive" and "Apple ID." A pop-up window menu will appear, choose "Sign Out" and you're done. Just a reminder, it will take at least a couple of days before these changes will take effect and for you to normally receive text messages.

4. If this does not solve the problem, you might have iMessage active on your other iOS devices. If you have an iPad, access your "Settings" page. Then, tap "Message" and turn off your iMessage.

PDQ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
This doesn't work. I've never had an Apple iPhone and trying to deregister doesn't work since the app sends a verification code that isn't received by my android device. This problem just appeared on 9/29/2021. Prior to this I received text messages from my daughter who has an iPhone.
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20

I can see how this issue can be frustrating. I would recommend that you try resetting your network settings. I would make sure your phone is up to date on its software. I would test if this issue also still occurs when your phone is in safe mode. 

0 Likes
PDQ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Thanks. All network settings seem ok and all software is updated. I have Consumer Cellular so I'll call them.
0 Likes
PDQ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Update!!!! Consumer Cellular reset my network connection, I turned off my phone, went into SETTINGS to reset network settings and it worked!
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20

That's great. If you have any further issues please reach back out to us. 

0 Likes