JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

There is a black ring in the middle of the screen when taking a picture?

(Topic created on: 1/12/21 12:55 PM)
Notsogirlie
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Lately, my camera, when I take a picture, has a black ring in the middle of the screen which then interferes with the picture itself. I have not changed any settings, but I cannot get rid of this ring. It blocks out 2/3rds of my picture, even when focusing on something. Any ideas how I get rid of this and go back to full screen? It only does it when I start to zoom in and it gets to 0.5 zoom or greater.

Thanks in advance! 
0 Likes
5 Replies
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Do you experience the same symptoms while your device is in safe mode?

Let's try putting the device in Safe mode to determine if there are external factors that cause this symptom. This step will temporarily disable all your third-party apps, but none of your personal data will be deleted. Your customization settings (Wallpaper, Themes, et cetera) will be reset to default once you exit this mode.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Turn the device off.

2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.

3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.

4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.

5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.

6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.

7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.

8. To exit Safe Mode, restart your device.

0 Likes
Notsogirlie
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Did as instructed. And as soon as I try to zoom, the black ring pops up again. I have taken a screenshot of what it looks like if that can help

0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank you for confirming this.

Can you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing?

If you are still experiencing the same symptoms in safe mode, I would recommend fully backing up your device and performing a factory reset. I know this may not be the ideal step you want to take but doing this will reset the phone to its factory settings.

0 Likes
Notsogirlie
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Why is it when someone runs into an issue, a full factory reset is always a solution? I've been down this road before and it gets really old when that is the only response after running a single diagnostic. I'll figure it out on my own.
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

I understand the frustrations this may have caused you.

If you are not comfortable performing a factory reset, you also have an option for a technician to take a better look at the symptoms you are experiencing. You can visit a local UBreakIFix repair center or you can send your device to our service center. If you choose to go this route, make sure your phone is fully backed up so you won't lose any important data during the evaluation.

View solution in context

0 Likes