JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Think I'm just about done with Samsung

(Topic created on: 2/23/21 11:23 AM)
userUtl6Byg5Hh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I’ve been pretty loyal fan of Samsung products across the board from appliance to Cell phones. Always upgrading to the latest top tier phone most every year. I’ve pushed the Samsung products many years ago when I worked in retail because I believe Samsung provides solid products.

However, this past year or so has pushed me to believe I need to seek products from another company.

About a year or so back, had a had a watch2 active that the back literally just fell off. No other issue. Sent in for warranty and was told it had water damage and warranty void because of it. I know it was never exposed to water and it wasn’t possible. So ended up buying the watch3 which was irritating.

Fast forward a few month, I damaged my phone and needed to file a claim with Samsung Care/Asurion. The online form wouldn’t allow me to file. I had to call in. I was told at the time they had no replacement available at the time and they would contact me when a replacement was available. So I continued down the road waiting for a call with a damaged phone. Note: online claim site never did et me see the status of the claim and I’m generally too busy to spend an hour on the for a status update.

After 4-5 months, I tried to follow up as I’d yet to hear back from them. When I called, I was told I had to start a new claim. So I did.  Again, I was told no replacements were available. They did offer to substitute a Galaxy Z Fold2 with reduced memory as a replacement. Seemed like an pretty exchange overall, so agreed to it. After more than two weeks of Samsung Care/Asurion repetitively dropping the ball on next steps, Requesting affidavits  I finally received a replacement.

Opened the box and it was an s20 ultra.  Ok, it was the replacement that should have happened in the first place, but would have been nice if they told me what phone they were sending before I ordered the cases and accessories to go with it and eating the return costs.

This past Saturday, I dropped my phone and cracked the display and white bar on screen making phone difficult to was. Immediately not looking forward to dealing with Samsung Care/Asurian.

I jump online to file a claim and shocker, the online form wouldn’t allow me to file. I had to call in. Again, they added additional steps on affidavit to verify identity again. This time, they would me to provide proof I was a Samsung Care subscriber. For me, did seem like bit of a moment. Samsung care/Asurion should have those records. Then started a 4 hour loop of calling Samsung that would forward me to Asurion, that would forward me to Samsung and back. I did attempt to keep an Asurion rep on the line to get Samsung and Asurion to talk directly to each other. When told they didn’t have the abilities to support conferencing, I asked to have her hold on and I’ll conference Samsung in on my phone. The rep just forward my call to Samsung and disconnected from the call. Another moment.

After a few more back and forth calls, figured out Samsung Care still had my old IMEI from the phone I returned in the last claim as the phone covered, not the replacement they sent me by Asurion. Samsung says they have no options to correct, another whiskey t*ngo foxtrot. So now Samsung, Samsung Care, and Asurion  are all throwing there hands and I’m sitting holding a broken phone that I can’t get replaced through the program I’ve been paying for.

Now I’m contemplating a compete ecosystem change. I do like Samsung products, but it’s hard to stand behind products that their manufacture will not stand behind. I realize most of this is on the part of Samsung Care/Asurion. But from my perspective, Samsung’s monkey, Samsung’s Circus. Samsung selected this trading partner and it’s an extension of their brand.  

Don’t like the idea of spending 3-4k on new phones, watches, and tablets this month to exit the Samsung ecosystem. But running out of options and patience.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

I would recommend reaching out to our Samsung Premium care team directly at  866-371-9501 for further assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

I would recommend reaching out to our Samsung Premium care team directly at  866-371-9501 for further assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes