Original topic:

Toouchscreen issues after 9/30/21 update

(Topic created: 09-30-2021 06:50 PM)
usernJidfIpRdg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
After I installed the update today on my S20 FE I'm having serious touchsceen issues ... not sure if its a ghost touch but it almost seems like parts of my keyboard aren't working. Swiping right now is impossible. Anyne else having this probem? Anything that can be done about 
7 Replies
Holmessr86
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
No I'm not having this issue. You can increase the touch sensitivity on display settings.
0 Likes
userdKnDPIOaHH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello, I have also noticed something wrong with the touchscreen. I am having trouble with some areas too. For instance, the "a" keystroke sometines does not register. In some apps I cannot swipe down to get the notification screen (I have to exit the app and then swipe down). As well the top right corner where the send button on my email app is, takes sometimes 15 presses for it to send. The last update was for Build Number : G781WVLU5DUH6. Any help from Samsung would be appreciated, and not the usual factory reset option!

usertx8ASgHa2f
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have exactly the same issue. 😞 

MrsPoo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
You, too?
I might be looking for a different phone. 2 updates ago the keyboard interface tanked. They (service provider) gave me the good old clear the cache **bleep**, which has been the standard non-answer for centuries. I was also invited to install a new keyboard, which is marginally less sucky at times, maybe...
0 Likes
Thorson1987
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Touch screen is trash on the s20 fe. Pure trash
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand how frustrating it can be when your keyboard doesn't function as intended. I would be happy to assist you further. Have you tested your device in safe mode? If your phone or tablet is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe mode feature. In Safe mode, your device won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identity and remove the app that may be causing the problem. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Next step would be to wipe the cache partition on your device. The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Give these steps a try:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Thorson1987
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
No it's not an app ists the trash digitizer. Samsungs issue. There are others with the same problem. So common sense says screen issue. Fix plz
0 Likes