Hello, I have also noticed something wrong with the touchscreen. I am having trouble with some areas too. For instance, the "a" keystroke sometines does not register. In some apps I cannot swipe down to get the notification screen (I have to exit the app and then swipe down). As well the top right corner where the send button on my email app is, takes sometimes 15 presses for it to send. The last update was for Build Number : G781WVLU5DUH6. Any help from Samsung would be appreciated, and not the usual factory reset option!
I might be looking for a different phone. 2 updates ago the keyboard interface tanked. They (service provider) gave me the good old clear the cache **bleep**, which has been the standard non-answer for centuries. I was also invited to install a new keyboard, which is marginally less sucky at times, maybe...
Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand how frustrating it can be when your keyboard doesn't function as intended. I would be happy to assist you further. Have you tested your device in safe mode? If your phone or tablet is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe mode feature. In Safe mode, your device won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identity and remove the app that may be causing the problem. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/
Next step would be to wipe the cache partition on your device. The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Give these steps a try:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
- Press Bixby / Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
- When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.