Original topic:

Touch screen Randomly not Working

(Topic created: 12-08-2022 11:39 PM)
duckweed
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Hello there. This issue has only started since the latest update. My phone's touchscreen will randomly stop being responsive. This tends to happen after I close the screen, but has increased in frequency randomly as I am actively using the phone. 

The frequency is probably 1 out of 3 times I go to turn on the screen, it is not responsive. I have found a way to "wake it up" by double clicking the power button to access the camera. I then start touching around the screen until it responds. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesnt. Sometimes I just keep tapping until it finally responds. 

What I've done so far to try to resolve it; increased touch sensitivity, cleared partition (multiple times), restarting phone regularly, diagnostic tests on the phone, malware scans. Nothing has resolved or lessened the frequency. 

Please let me know what else I can do. If there is a way I can reverse the previous software update, I will do that. 

3 Replies
LugiaDaryl27
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20
To what I am guess is your experiencing a defective screen digitizer, to solve the problem your experiencing, you need to take your phone to a repair shop and you will have to buy a new replacement screen digitizer, if your phone has insurance with a mobile carrier, it's free of charge, but if not, you would have to pay for the repair up front depending on the phone model and screen digitizer price, this is the best solution I could offer to you, if this is not the case, You would have to ship your device back to Samsung for a repair of your choice
0 Likes
Leo58
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
This seems to be an issue with Samsung Phones. I have always been a Samsung customer because of the quality of your devices. But, if there's an issue, it should be covered under some sort of recall. My last 3 cellphones have been having this same problem with the touchI screen. If you're screen digitizer is faulty and you know about it then this shouldn't be a problem for Samsung to repair it on their dime. These phones are not cheap, they are of good quality and just like in the automotive industry, they have recalls all the time. Customers are taken care of, free of charge. Otherwise you may start losing customers. So start by letting contractors like The Geek Squad or other repair facilities take care of us, free of charge.
DaleNet
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
Try going into recovery and clearing the cache and repairing apps.
0 Likes