JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Turn off automatic link sharing on Galaxy S20

(Topic created: 09-07-2020 06:31 PM)
userWFFiFoYsXQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

How do you turn off automatic link sharing? Every time I try to send a pic through text it sends it through link sharing instead of sending the actual pic. I tried googling but couldn't find the answer. PLEASE help! This is driving me crazy! 

70 Replies
Solution
userkVqvgBa3oi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

omg this took me sooo long to find, was also driving me nuts!

When you go into the message and then select the images button to choose a photo, look at the bottom right of the screen. There is the little link share logo in light blue. This is a button, just press it and walla!!! So glad its gone!!

userWFFiFoYsXQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

OMG THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!! You're a life saver! It worked!!

userkVqvgBa3oi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

So simple, no idea why Samsung dont advertise how to switch this off.... annoying but yes, so glad it is fixed!!

userRnE31ZYgLg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

If I had to guess, I'd say for the same reason they don't let users know that when you install a major update to the OS on any of their mobile devices, many, if not all apps are set back to factory defaults. This was the case on my Active 2 watch; the latest Tizen update turned of location tracking (the default) and it took me a while to figure this out. Now I am conditioned to check all my critical apps after they send out any update.

userHCFIBD3GvK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
YES! A million thank you's!!!!!!
userrDNyG56R7R
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Sooo simple to. Thank you

jeb4u75
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
touching the button does nothing for me
useroiWpudwHph
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
On my phone, I had to click the button before I chose the image.
userZw6Zt4BA16
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
omg! that did it for mine! thanks so much!❤