cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

UHQ upscaler greyed out

Hello, I am wondering why the UHQ upscaler option in the S20 Ultra is permanently greyed out? I am using wired headphones to a USB-C adapter. Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided. 

UPDATE: I ordered a higher quality USB-C to 3.5mm headphone jack with supposed "Hi-Res" capability and it is now active. However, the new software upgrade version "ATCH" may have fixed this issue also since I did not try to new adapter until just after the upgrade. Thanks for the replies. 

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: UHQ upscaler greyed out

where is this option?

Highlighted
Constellation

@Samsung_Q7nlI2E 

settings - sound and vibration - sound quality and effectScreenshot_20200315-205924_SoundAlive.jpg

Highlighted
Constellation

@Samsung_Q7nlI2E  @RenoRich 

I forgot to say Hi 🤭

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

have you plugged in your usb-c headphones that came with the phone? 

Highlighted
Astronaut

It gives me the option to use the feature with a Bluetooth device but everytime I connect my Galaxy Buds it doesn't work and the feature is grey scaled.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Changs

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello! 

The UHQ upscaler will stay greyed out unless a Bluetooth headset or headphones are connected to your phone. Connect one of these, go back to the setting and you can change the upscaler giving you clearing sound quality while enjoying your music with your headphones. 

Let me know if this helped!

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have the same issue,  when you say connected do u mean hard wired to phone?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes, your headphones would need to be hard connected to the phone via a USB-C to 3.5mm adapter. It turned out I had an inferior adapter. Ordered one with the Hi-Res chipset and sounds incredible now with the UHQ upscaler activated.