cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

UI update messed up my phone

The last UI update has messed up my S20. Apps open and then close right away.
8 REPLIES 8
Constellation

Re: UI update messed up my phone

mine too
Galaxy

Trying taking out your SIM card for a little bit. Make sure to unmount your SD card and turn your device off first before taking SIM card out. And/or if you're able use the SIM card in a different Android device for a couple days and then put it back into your s20. Same thing was happening with my s20 after the update, also a lot of reboots and I did the SIM switch for a couple days and it fixed my issues. Didn't know it was going to work when I did it but I'm glad it did. So I'd say try that and see if it works with your s20. Hoping this will help.
Samsung Care Ambassador

@userCBwe9DOykz I'm sorry you're experiencing issues with apps closing after the new OS update!

Are you using full screen gestures? Do you happen to be using a 3rd party launcher like Nova Launcher, etc.? Is this happening all the time or only during certain instances? Looking forward to hearing back and hopefully getting your problem resolved! 

Constellation

Re: Re: UI update messed up my phone

I am not using full-screen gestures, I have the bar on the bottom of my screen. I am not using a 3rd pary launcher either. The apps closing is intermittent and the issue has gotten better. But today after I switched from a battery saving mode to a regular one and was in my GMAIL app the phone completely froze. The screen went completely black and an error displayed "One UI Home is not responding". After a while the phone restatred by it self.
Samsung Care Ambassador

hello @userCBwe9DOykz 

sometimes when updating software, the software can become buggy with some things not transferring and updating correctly. If I experience issues with multiple apps and not just one specific app, I wipe my cache partition and it usually works. 

1. Turn off your phone

2. Press and hold the Volume Up button & the Power Button (Bixby button)

3. When the Android logo shows up, release both buttons

4. Android Recovery menu options appear

5. Use the Volume down button to highlight the "Wipe Cache Partition" option

6. Use the Power Button to select that option

7. Your phone will wipe it's cache (takes only a couple seconds) when it's done, the "Reboot System Now" should be highlighted, press the Power Button to Reboot your phone

Let me know if this works for you!

*if I have helped you, please like this post ❤️ If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a solution ✅ Hope you have a great day!

does it happen to all apps?

can you give some names of app that opens and closes right away?

also, what is your software version? setting - about - software info - baseband

thanks!

Constellation

At first it was happening on all the apps but the issue has gotten better now, doesn't happen as often. Gmail was one of them and some game apps. The software version is G986USQU1CTKH.

i believe there is a newer software. try update and see if the issue persists.

i never had such problems,,,

try download samsung members app and submit a ticket.
once you open, click +, then click error report