Original topic:

USB-C Headphone Jack Adapter Not Working?

(Topic created: 11-22-2021 10:33 PM)
userqk0HZHVnrp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I bought the official Samsung adapter (I had some Samsung rewards so I got it for like $4) and I hooked it up to my S20 hoping to get some HQ audio, but to my surprise my phone doesn't even recognize it. When I play audio, it plays through the speakers as if there's nothing hooked up. I looked at the description on the website and it says that the phone compatibility include the Note 10s. It doesn't say S20 but since there were no other adapters on their website, I figured it'd still work. Do I have to turn something on on my phone's settings to make it work? Did I get a defective one? Does the S20 not support it?

2 Replies
snowdaysrule1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
A modern phone (S20) with a name-brand usb-c to 3.5mm audio dongle (Samsung) should be able to output audio to a headset no issue. A lot of cheaper dongles do not include a DAC in the adapter causing them not to work correctly but because you bought from Samsung it should work and in this case may be defective. Another option to consider is an adapter from Apple but a big thing to note is that with Samsung products the output level will be limited to 50% with the Apple adapter.
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20

might be just a bad dongle... try getting a replacement 😕

0 Likes