cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

USB-C Headset is not working - Android sees as charging device

I have restarted the phone and located the USB-C Samsung Headset Application; the phone just started confusing the headphnes with a charging defince and now says it cannot access the device. Is there a way to reset the permissions or usb type? When I click on the Andriod option in notifications headset does not com up as one of the USB options.

Help!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: USB-C Headset is not working - Android sees as charging device

Can you tell me what kind of device you are using?

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello @userAaiPFJoyg1,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your headphones. I would suggest you try the phone in safe mode and see if the headphones are still detected as charging. The device might even require a factory reset. I suggest you backup your data and factory reset via the recovery menu.

Steps to get into safe mode here 

Steps to factory data reset here 

If the above doesn't work for you then I suggest you private message @SamsungModerator here on the forum and they can assist you with getting your device serviced.

Hope this was helpful!
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello,

You could try and go into Settings> General Management> Reset > Reset settings.  This will set everything back to manufacture default.  If this doesn't work, try to connect another headset to rule out a defecctive unit.   

If all fails then I suggest you private message @SamsungModerator here on the forum and they can assist you with getting your device serviced.

Hope this helps!
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I am having the exact same issue with my Galaxy s9 and a Gace M9xx sound card with the provided Samsung OTG USB adapter. It was working fine as of mid February 2020. Now back at the office and having a no audio issue. Phone just starts chargning. Phone says "Check your charger connection" Safe mode does not fix the problem or cause any different behavior. Please advise, this appears to be a new issue.