JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

USB C to 3.5mm adapter Bose QC 20

(Topic created: 08-29-2020 10:10 PM)
userSnVmAudOVr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I just purchased a Samsung S20+ and a UGREEN USB C to 3.5 mm adapter to use with my Bose Quiet Comfort 20 noise cancelling headphones.  The adapter does not work and music still plays using the phones speakers rather than thru the Bose headphones.  I plugged in an old pair of SONY headphones I have into the adapter and they work fine.  It seems the issue is with the Bose Headphones.   I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this specific issue and if you've found a solution.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JahRasta
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20
the only adapter that works correctly is the Samsung factory adapter

View solution in context

3 Replies
Giant2O2O
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
There is specific firmware installed on every pair of pricy headphones (for app integration, noise modification, etc), so chances are that the firmware doesn't recognize the adapter and refuses to connect to it. I have a USB C to AUX adapter myself (from when I owned a phone with no headphone jack) and it didn't pick up my Beats through the wire, but it works great with my S10. May have to consider trying to listen with someone else's adapter, otherwise either the headphones or the adapter is defective.
0 Likes
Solution
JahRasta
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20
the only adapter that works correctly is the Samsung factory adapter
userSnVmAudOVr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I don't know if it's the only one that works, but I bought one and it does.  It's good to have the headphones back.  Thank you.

0 Likes