JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

USB-C to Aux no longer recognized

(Topic created on: 10/2/20 11:56 AM)
KVegas01
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I have an "ESR 2-in-1 USB-C PD Headphone Jack Adapter, Type-C to 3.5mm Audio Adapter" that also has a charging USB-C port on it. It does have a DAC chip in it. This has worked flawlessly up until a recent update that came through on 9/20. The 9/28 update didn't fix this either. The 9/20 update started the phantom "moisture detected in charging port" issue as well. Since then, the adapter is no longer being recognized as an audio or charging plugin. If i plug it in, audio continues to play through the phone only and it does not charge. It will sometimes flash "usb device connected" off and on. 

My phone is only 5 months old. I have two of these adapters in my home, and have tested both adapters on my phone, with different/new aux cables, still no dice. I have tested all the same adapters/cables on another Galaxy S20 in my home that was bought on the same day as mine, and has the same updates as my phone and they are working perfectly fine.

I have taken my phone to my carrier and they've looked at my port and didn't see any damage so I'm not sure what is going on. 

Any ideas/advice would be appreciated.
0 Likes
7 Replies
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank you for reaching out. I would recommend a service repair on your device. Can you please provide me with the following information in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

KVegas01
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I have sent you a message; waiting for a response. Thank you.

0 Likes
userJSaiwv2LrQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

same problem any help please

0 Likes
monkeytheboy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the same issue >:(

0 Likes
KVegas01
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I wish it were that easy; the adapters are working perfectly fine in another phone as stated in my original post. 

0 Likes
radman69
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
i am having the same issue..
0 Likes
JStep815
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I am also having this issue.