cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

USB file transfer ends early on Win 10

When transfering many files, suddenly windows will make a noise and the current transfer cancels before it's done.  Sometimes the phone disappears from the connected devices as if the USB cable had been unplugged.  Sometimes it doesn't do that... it just stops the transfer as if it had completed successfully, but it didn't.  Any ideas?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Re: USB file transfer ends early on Win 10

Your phone may be entering screen lock mode and stopping external transfers. Try keeping the screen on longer or keeping you phone unlocked during transfers.

Highlighted
Constellation

I've tried that.  It's happening while the screen is on.

Highlighted

Have you tried updating the usb drivers on your pc?

Highlighted
Constellation

Yes

Highlighted

Have you tried a different cord?

Highlighted
Constellation

Yes and I've tried multiple USB ports on the PC

Highlighted

One or more files may be corrupted and messing up the transfers. Does it always seem to fail at the same point?

Highlighted
Constellation

I was thinking something like that, or there was some weird windows file it didn't like.  It did seem to die near the same point, but it wasn't 100% consistent. 

Highlighted

You can also try transferring the riles vie your hone network by setting up file and printer sharing in windows. You'll need a file manager on your phone that supports LAN transfers but thry are many available in google play. Give that a try and see if it works. You'll need to transfer the files to one of the public share folders in windows before you can share them via LAN.